Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

This is an impossible-to-get-any-work-done day. My husband and his dad are spending the day putting in our new wood floor, for which I grateful because we really needed it, but that means that I'm stuck monitoring the children. I can't concentrate enough to write, so it's not worth it. Fortunately, the client is willing to extend today's deadline until tomorrow.

I'm been meaning to do this for awhile, and this seems to be a good opportunity to complete the task. This summer, one of the first writing jobs through Elance I got was a project the client and I dubbed "Fluff articles." The assignment was to write about twenty articles about anything, as long as it had the name of the product in them at least once. Pure SEO writing, which is cheap and tedious as heck to write.

The positive thing was that even though it was a pain-in-the-arse kind of project, I gained one of my most loyal clients, a hilarious lady from Canada. We've actually become friends, chatting about our lives with each other as we both try to avoid work. She has never tended to pay well, mostly because she accepts jobs that pay low, but it's come to the point to if she has something for me, and I've available, I'll do it for her, even if it's $5 per 300-word article.

Some of these fluff articles are really silly, but I've always thought that they'd make good blog posts. I'm sure that enough time has passed to make it okay to re-publish here, without the product mention, of course.

No comments: