Monday, December 07, 2009

More Christmas music

As promised, I'm listing my favorite Christmas music. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to some right now. I suppose it should go on the list!

1. One of my favorite ways to listen to music is to stream it. Most of the music I stream is from actual radio stations; there are few that I regularly turn to, from all over the country (mostly, places where I've lived). When I'm in the Christmas-music mood like I have been lately, I listen to a lot of classical, because the more traditional music I prefer tends to be played on classical radio stations. For example, KDFC out of San Francisco has been playing a lot of Christmas music the past few weeks, and currently they'll playing it constantly.

2. Amy Grant, A Christmas Album
Amy Grant has recorded a few Christmas albums in her career; this album was her first and in my opinion, her best. I listen to it all year long, and it's always the first one during the Christmas season. It has this spiritual edge to it that few artists can match.

3. The Priests
I "discover" a new album each year, and last year this was it. The voices of these Irish priests are exceptional. Their version of "Ave Maria" is the best I've ever heard.

4. If On a Winter's Night, Sting
This year's discovery. I love Sting, and I love his foray into classical music. He does a very nice job with this album.

5. Charlie Brown Christmas
For me, Christmas isn't Christmas without reviewing this album. No more needs to be said!

6. A Christmas Together, John Denver and The Muppets
Another of my all-time favorites. Funny, weird, and sweet all at the same time.

I'll stop now. I could go on and on. Perhaps I'll continue the list in another post.

2 comments:

Hampers said...

Thanks for sharing the Christmas music. Among these Charlie Brown Christmas is my favourite. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Christine W. Meyer said...

Thank you; it's nice to know that someone's out there!