Friday, January 01, 2010

Fluff post #1: Flitter and Ashton Kutcher

I spend way too much time on the computer. From what I hear going on in the world, though, the stuff I do on it doesn’t seem to match what everyone else is doing.


I do have a Twitter account, though, mostly because I wanted to check out what all the commotion was about. At first, I thought, “160 characters? How can you can any substantial conversation with anyone with 160 characters?” Then I read that Time Magazine article about Twitter last month, and I was intrigued.


At first, I resisted following the people everyone else follows, like Ashton Kutcher and Ryan Seacrest, with their 2 million followers. But then Kutcher guest co-hosted on “Live With Regis and Kelly” a few weeks ago, and that was the end of that. I love how he, as Anderson Cooper put it a few days later on the very same show, “mentored” Kelly Ripa into Twitter. And for a couple of weeks, she got totally into it.


I mean, there’s a reason Ashton Kutcher has 2 million followers on Twitter. He’s an interesting young man, smart as heck. I’ve always thought it was cool that he married a woman much older than he, helping her raise children who are not that much younger than he and that Demi Moore’s ex-husband Bruce Willis seems all right with it. They seem to all get along and are having this unusual family life. It’s very honorable in this day and age.


One thing I will not do on Twitter, though, is follow or be followed by anyone whose picture on their home page shows them naked or semi-clothed. For some reason, when I first got on Twitter, I kept having follow requests by these women. I first, I accepted them, thinking, “Oh, they just need a good model.” Then I thought better of it. I mean, heck, it’s not my responsibility to bring morals to these young women! I am no longer Evangelical, for Lord’s sake, and I’m not gonna be the one to save them.


But Ashton Kutcher, he epitomizes everything that’s good about Twitter.

No comments: