Friday, January 01, 2010

Fluff post #2: Computer games

One of the things I do on the computer is play games. I have a subscription to Real Arcade, and I spend way too much time playing their games. I love to sit in front of the TV and play a game. Just tonight I watched my soap, “General Hospital,” and last night’s taped version of “Hell’s Kitchen,” which is just another soap. Mindless stuff perfect for playing mindless games.

My favorite computer games are variations of puzzles, games where you actually have to figure stuff out. These days, I can’t get enough of a game called “4 Elements.” It consists of a board with different color discs that you have to clear off. There’s a fog underneath the discs, and sometimes it takes several clicks to clear them. There’s a time limit, and if you don’t get to the end before the time runs out, you have to start over. It’s quite addicting. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve said, “Oh, it’s really late and I need to go to bed, but I’ll play just one more level.” It starts out easy at first, of course, and becomes more and more challenging. I keep playing it over and over again.

Another game I’ve been into lately is “World Mosaics,” which is basically just a variation on “Mine Sweeper.” I love “Mine Sweeper,” and have for years, but the “World Mosaics” game is more interesting. Like most games, the board gets larger and more challenging as you go along. I’ve already won, and I’ve played all the “extra games,” but I keep going back to the harder boards, the 20x20 ones.
I spend way too much time on these games!

No comments: