Monday, July 20, 2009

The Wiggles meet-and-greet

So we went to Spokane on Saturday for the much-anticipated Wiggles concert. Well, it was at least well-anticipated by me; remember, the kids have the mind of a two-year old.

They enjoyed it, though. Also remember that like all toddlers, the kids are all about being in the moment, and we gave them quite a moment. The meet-and-greet, which was what I was reallly anticipating, didn't live up to my expectations. Of course, they were probably too high--I was expecting something more like a cocktail party. Instead, they brought us and the other thirty or so adults and children to the foyer of the theatre, right outside the stage door. Two young Aussie guys introduced themselves as "Wiggly dancers", and then informed us that Anthony wasn't going to meet us, since he had the flu and didn't want to pass it along. They did say that Capt. Feathersword would meet us, though.

Then Murray, Jeff, Sam, and the Capt. appeared. A line of chairs were set up, and each group/family were brought to them, we said hi, and then pictures were taken by the dancers. Then they moved us to another part of the room and the guys moved to the next group, while everyone else watched. It took both kids a few minutes, but when they figured out what was happening and that it was The Wiggles, both faces lit up. The expression on their faces was worth it.

My husband, of course, felt it necessary to announce to everyone that when I woke him up that morning, I told him, "You have to wear purple. I'm wearing blue, George is wearing red, and Anna's wearing yellow, so you have to wear purple." Everyone laughed, and I said, "Shows you how much he listens to me!" Leave it up to Jon to embarrass me in front of The Wiggles.

So I didn't get the pictures for their Wikipedia article. I was so star-struck, I didn't even mention it. Murray is much better looking in public, and Sam's hair is so black! It was a nice encounter, and I think the kids enjoyed the moment.

3 comments:

Yoga with Gaileee said...

Hi,
How did you get to do the meet and greet with the Wiggles? Was this due to your wikipedia editing?

I once won a contest to do a meet and greet with Marc Anthony, but I was a member of his fan club, so that was how I found out about the contest.

Nice site!

gaileee

Christine W. Meyer said...

Well, the only reason I knew it existed was because of my WP editing. It's supposed to be for children with disabilities and their families, but there were all kinds of kids there. I overheard one group was there because they won it at a contest at their preschool.

What to do to attend their meet-and-greet, though is to email The Wiggles office in Texas. I hesitate giving it out here, even if nobody really reads this site, for privacy reason. I got it by going to The Wiggles' website and contacting them through that, and my message was forwarded to their office in Texas. The lady there is very sweet, and helpful. If you want, you can email me privately and I'll give you the address.

I don't know if I should congratulate you about meeting Marc Anthony :) but thanks for the response and the nice words.

Christine

Marisol said...

Hi, this is Marisol from Houston. I've been researching how to get a meet-and-greet with the Wiggles for my healthy 4-year-old daughter, and came across your blog. Can you email me that address in Dallas where you got your meet-and-greet? We would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Marisol
wshpnastar@aol.com