Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm back

Wow, it's been five months to the day since last I posted to this blog. It really is difficult to be motivated to write anything when you know that nobody's reading it, anyway. Motivation, to be honest, is probably the biggest issue for me the last five months. Writing, for example, has been really show (although it's starting to pick up now).

For the last several weeks, I've been waking up fifteen minutes early to do some prayers and spiritual reading. It's the lesson I learned when I was a college student--if you don't have time for that kind of thing, you make it, even if it means getting up a little early. Fifteen minutes isn't cutting that much into my precious sleep time, anyway. And it needs to be in the morning, since usually the kids are still asleep and I can truly be alone.

It also helps to read more blogs, by people who don't care if they have an audience or not. You know a blog has potential for greatness when it states: "You know you're Catholic when the top five blog posts of the week have to do with drinking, sex, and secrets." And the kicker: "Oh lighten up you with the frown." I must say, I was not one wearing the frown; actually, I was smiling. Everyone who knew me when I was much younger and more judgmental might be surprised at that. At any rate, I'm going to have to follow that blog.

No comments: