Monday, May 31, 2010

Undisciplined me

Ugh, I have really neglected this blog in the past few months. When you know that no one's reading it anyway, the motivation to blog is really low. I notice that I return when I'm applying for a new job and/or project (which I have, just today). The writing has really picked up, so I'm busy, and blogging is always the last thing to do on my list.

I know it's important, since the only way to increase readership to a blog is to actually write in it. I'm the kind of person that if I don't have a deadline looming over my head, it just doesn't get done. I can be very disciplined, but it's gotta be imposed on me from the outside. If it's something personal, I have to impose my own deadlines. If there are no deadlines, or if the timetable for completing tasks is open-ended, it simply does not get done.

Work for which I'm actually getting paid trumps the other stuff everytime. As a result, this blog doesn't get written in for over three months, and my Wikipedia articles get neglected. It's not as if I don't have anything to write about. My daughter's baptism in late April, for example. And the TV has been great: Evan Lysacek on Dancing With the Stars, American Idol, the end of Lost.

I just haven't been able to figure out how to blog more regularly when I'm so busy. I have the feeling that the only way I'm gonna be able to do it is if someone pays me to blog. Sorry, don't see that happening any time soon.

No comments: