Friday, February 12, 2010

The Olympics

I'm very excited about Opening Ceremonies tonight, and everyone in my life knows that I own the television set for the next two weeks. I thought that I'd try to do what I experimented with at Nationals, and utilize more social networks--Facebook, Twitter, and this blog. It's been so much fun to read some of the athlete's posts as they've arrived in Vancouver this week. I expect that it will parallel my experience at Nationals, and I'll feel more connected to what's going on, as it's happening.

Tonight, while I'm watching the Opening Ceremonies, I'll have my computer open and read what everyone is saying as they walk into the Ceremonies, even though it won't be live for me here on the West Coast. As the games progress, though, I'm sure that the connectedness will improve my experience of watching as much of the competitions as I can.

To that end, I've promised to put a link on this blog. TeamUSA is a great way to support the American athletes in Vancouver. I'll put the link on my sidebar as well. Also, see my Twitter and Facebook accounts for more from me.

No comments: